Temporary Works Engineer
£35000 – £50000/annum
We are currently looking for a Temporary Works Engineer for a nationally known consultancy. The firm provides a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geo-environmental Engineers, and Transport Engineers. The role will include the design of both temporary works and permanent works.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing temporary and permanent works design schemes for varied projects.
- Ensuring all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and Company policies.
- Apply engineering knowledge to analyse the structural integrity of permanent and temporary works structures.
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings.
- Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and design solutions.
The successful applicant will have:
- BEng/MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Ability to compile method statements and other documentation for formal submission.
- Understanding of construction methodology and design principles with specific reference to Temporary Works.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with colleagues / external parties at all levels.
- Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to operate independently where required.
If this role appeals to you and you have the above requirements, then contact us now.