Structural CAD Technician
£30000 – £50000/annum
We have an excellent opportunity for a Structural CAD Technician to join an award winning consultancy with a fantastic working environment.
As a Structural CAD Technician you will be working on a range of structural engineering projects from concept design through approvals to construction, preparing technical design information to deliver innovative structural engineering solutions for both new-build and refurbishment projects.
Main Structural CAD Technician Duties
• Prepare civil and structural engineering drawings and details.
• Liaise with the Project Engineer and assistants.
• Brief and supervise Junior Technicians.
• Check drawings prepared by others.
• Print drawings for in-house checking and external issue.
• Occasionally attend site to inspect various stages of construction works.
• Assist other staff in managing the design team in producing and issuing engineering designs.
• Liaise & communicate with external professionals.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with at least 4 years’ experience with a good AutoCAD knowledge, and experience gained working on Residential Developments.
Academic & Professional Qualifications Requirements
• A relevant engineering qualification (e.g HNC) or equivalent.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Relevant industry experience, with direct emphasis on buildings and structural engineering.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of AutoCAD.
• Experience of working with REVIT.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
• Assist with general office duties when other staff require help.
• Dress smartly and deal with other staff politely.
• Present a professional face and assistance to all visitors, external professionals and clients.
To Apply For This Job, Please Click Here